Healthy Choice recently conducted a 30-day research study where participants replaced 10 meals per week with a Healthy Choice meal for either lunch or dinner. The findings showed that, as part of a reduced calorie diet, eating Healthy Choice can lead to having more energy and a better diet than before.
The study, conducted during 2009 and 2010, followed more than 60 participants for 30 days with one group primarily eating Healthy Choice meals for lunch and the other group mainly for dinner every day.
- Participants were also instructed to add 2-3 food items to their diet, such as fruits and vegetables, according to their caloric/gender needs.
A few key findings of the study were:
– Recent research shows that replacing 10 meals per week with a portion-controlled Healthy Choice meal, as part of a reduced calorie diet, can lead to improved quality of life and dietary quality.
– The lunch and dinner substitution worked equally well with participants losing an average of six pounds and trimming their waistlines by about one inch. Additionally participants significantly improved the quality of their overall diets by increasing dietary fiber, reducing saturated fat intake by 50 percent and consuming 30 percent less cholesterol and sodium.
– “This study reinforces the fact that portion control is fundamental to successful weight loss,” said Mark Andon, Ph.D., vice president, Nutrition, ConAgra Foods. “What’s new and exciting is that study participants enjoying portion-controlled Healthy Choice frozen meals for lunch or dinner not only improved the quality of their diets, they also reported an increased sense of well being, having more energy and feeling healthier after just 30 days.”
– Brands with “healthy” in their name are held to a higher nutrition standard set by the FDA. Healthy Choice is the only major brand in its category that can call 100% of its products “healthy” as defined by the FDA. This means that each meal must be:
- Low in fat
- Low in saturated fat
- Controlled in sodium and cholesterol
- Supply at least 10% of the daily value for three beneficial nutrients (calcium, protein, fiber, iron, vitamin A or vitamin C)
I had the opportunity to try out two meals from Healthy Choice. I chose a Cafe Steamers meal and a frozen Healthy Choice entree. Both were very delicious. The best thing about both of them for me was the ease of preparation and the convenience. Sometimes with my busy schedule, it is difficult to find a meal that I can prepare that is healthy and can be done while I am doing something else.
My family and I have implemented the following healthy choices for us:
– We have cut our salt intake from our meals.
– We take more walks for exercise.
– We are more diligent about getting our annual checkups and making sure that we are on track for any screenings that need to be done for our age ranges.
To find out more about Healthy Choice meals, visit Healthy Choice’s website and “like” their Facebook page. Sign up on Healthy Choice’s website for money-saving offers!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post through TheMotherHood and Healthy Choice and we are receiving a stipend for sharing this information. However, all opinions expressed are our own opinions.
Thank you for reading A Savings WOW! and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, “like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and follow us on Savings.com for the latest updates!Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply