Last week, we co-hosted the Kellogg Virtual Breakfast on TheMotherhood and we received lots of valuable information about morning routines and breakfast in America.
Sarah Woodside, MS, RD and Nutrition Business Partner at Kellogg, led the live video feed which explored back-to-school tips for establishing morning routines in light of Kellogg’s Breakfast in America survey findings.
Some of the great tips shared during the discussion are:
– Keep a Special K bar in your purse (Sarah at Water, Water Everywhere)
– Get your kids up earlier and get yourself ready before waking them up so you can have breakfast with them (Maria at A Savings WOW!)
– Some travel-friendly options for breakfast are apples, toast with peanut or almond butter and string cheese (Lisa at Mommyality)
– Have a menu of choices for breakfast in the morning posted on the fridge and have the kids pick what they want for breakfast the night before so you can be ready to make it in the morning (Kayla S)
Important things to note about breakfast:
– Both kids and adults need to eat something in the morning to refuel from sleep and refresh their energy levels for a productive day ahead (Sarah Woodside)
– As a former middle school teacher, I can’t stress enough how much it affects a child’s behavior and learning when they are not starting the day with breakfast (and a good one!) (Julie at A Year with Mom and Dad)
There are many more tips that were shared during the virtual breakfast and we invite you to take a look at them on TheMotherhood. Also, please leave a comment letting us know what some of your tips are for a successful morning routine and having a great breakfast.
Disclosure: We were compensated by TheMotherhood for our role as co-host of the Kellogg Virtual Breakfast. All opinions are our own honest opinions.
Thank you for reading A Savings WOW! and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, “like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and follow us on Savings.com for the latest updates! Also check out our Coupon Database for lots of money-saving coupons!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.