Sign up for our free daily newsletter to keep up-to-date on all the great coupons, deals, and more!
Using coupons may initially seem intimidating, but using the following tips will help you save money on your grocery shopping so you can use it for more important things in life!
1. Get organized. Start off with a shopping list. Next, find a way to organize your coupons that work for you.
2. Sign up for your store’s loyalty program (if they have one). Most of the time you can save 50% or more just by using the loyalty card when checking out (before coupons). You may also earn rewards from your purchases. For example,
3. Check your store ads or search online for grocery store ad matchups BEFORE heading to the store. See if your store will do price matching so you can save on gas.
4. Know how much you need! Look over your recipes and determine how much to stock up on – it’s not saving money if you end up throwing out a bunch of groceries because they have gone bad. Also, stock up on the non-perishable items while they are on sale.
5. Look for coupons throughout the store in the blinkie machines, on the products themselves, or even in coupon booklets in the store.
What tips do you have for using coupon when you go grocery shopping?
Thank you for reading A Savings WOW! and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, “like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and follow us on Savings.com for the latest updates! Also check out our Coupon Database for lots of money-saving coupons!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.