Organizing Your Coupons
There are a variety different ways to organize your coupons and we’ve tried many of them – envelopes, Ziploc bags, file boxes, purses, wallets, pockets, and binders. We’ve finally found a system that works for us and we’d love to share with you how we keep our coupons organized!
1. We don’t clip every coupon out. We use the Coupon Database to search for coupons for items on our shopping list. We also use store sale matchups to determine which coupons we will use.
2. We file coupons we know we will use, along with printable and loose coupons, in our Couponizer. This is what we use on a daily basis to transport our coupons while shopping. It has everything we need to keep organized while shopping – shopping list, a place to hold coupons until we’re ready to checkout, scissors, and a place to store gift cards and loyalty cards.
3. We use an expandable file to organize our Sunday newspaper coupon inserts. We file them by the week they came out, making it easier to find the coupons from the Coupon Database and from matchups.
4. We have coupons texted or emailed to us so that it’s less paper to file. Depending on what type of plan you have, make sure what the text charges will be before setting up coupons sent via text.
5. We also have coupons loaded on our store loyalty cards if it’s available. Many times you combine the store coupons with manufacturer’s coupons, so it’s extra savings. You will also usually save at least 50% by using your store loyalty cards on your purchases, so it’s a win-win situation!
How do you organize your coupons? We’d love to know – please leave a comment below.
Thank you for reading A Savings WOW! and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, “like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and follow us on Savings.com for the latest updates! Also check out our Coupon Database for lots of money-saving coupons!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.