You can’t turn on the news these days without someone mentioning the rising gas prices. We’ve definitely felt it where we live. One thing we strive to do at A Savings WOW! is to provide you with resources for saving money. You may not know that we have a section on our website that lists where to find the the cheap gas prices around the country. It is under the “Saving Money” section above. If you don’t live in the Chicago-area, check GasBuddy.com for your local cheap gas prices.
|Lowest Gas Prices in Chicago|
|Chicago Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com|
Other ways to save money at the pump:
– Check GasBuddy.com for the cheapest gas prices in your area.
– Find out if your gas station has a discount program. For example, you can earn cents off per gallon at the Dominick’s and Jewel-Osco stores in the Chicago-area just by using their store loyalty card (for the locations that have gas stations also).
– Sign up for email alerts through the gas stations’ websites. For example, Delta Sonic sends out coupons periodically for up to $0.10 off per gallon. Some other coupons and deals may be to get free or discounted items at the convenience stores at the gas station.
– Check out apps, such as FourSquare, to see if they offer discounts for checking in to the location.
– Buy gift cards for the gas stations at a discount on sites such as Plastic Jungle.
– Also, you may get a discount on gas purchases when you purchase a car wash. If your car is in need of a wash anyway, that is a win-win situation.
– Of course, carpooling or taking an alternate mode of transportation, such as bikes or trains, may be money-saving.
What other ways do you save money at the pump?
Thank you for reading A Savings WOW! and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, “like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and follow us on Savings.com for the latest updates! Also check out our Coupon Database for lots of money-saving coupons!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.